We will be at this year’s IFA, in Berlin in the upcoming days, to show you the HbbTV Application Toolkit, developed by FOKUS, IRT and RBB in FIcontent. In Hall 2.2 RBB will present the toolkit for building TV-related apps. On TV screens, we will demonstrate a social media application created using the toolkit, showing how easy and intuitive it is to create Smart TV apps using our system.
The HbbTV standard provides a powerful set of APIs for the creation of programme-related interactive TV applications. Users of our simple and flexible solution can engage with broadcast TV content by building tailored apps. Our solution addresses the needs of developers, editors and journalists.
Features and Assets
- Fast and easy creation of programme-related HbbTV applications
- Provides a set of app templates tailored to the TV screen
- Content can be added via an easy-to-use web interface
- REST-API to the content model allows seamless backend integration with existing CMS solutions used by TV stations and content providers
- Supports HbbTV app developers by offering templates and modules such as interactive video and photo galleries, text, menus, social media and companion screen support