DMCA Policy for MediaFi.org
Effective Date: August 16, 2023
Welcome to MediaFi.org (the “Website”). We respect the intellectual property rights of others and are committed to complying with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) and other applicable copyright laws. This DMCA Policy outlines the procedures that will be followed in response to notices of alleged copyright infringement on the Website.
Notice and Takedown Procedures:
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been used in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is accessible on the Website, you may notify us by sending a written notice to our designated copyright agent at the following address:
Your written notice should include the following information:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed.
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the Website to locate the material.
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit the Website to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address at which you may be contacted.
5. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please be aware that you may be held liable for damages, including costs and attorney’s fees, if you knowingly misrepresent that material or activity on the Website is infringing your copyright.
Upon receipt of a valid DMCA notice, we will take the following actions:
1. Promptly remove or disable access to the allegedly infringing material.
2. Notify the alleged infringer of the DMCA notice and provide them with an opportunity to submit a counter-notification.
3. Forward the DMCA notice to the alleged infringer.
If you believe that the material removed or disabled is not infringing or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the material in your submission, you may send a counter-notification to our designated copyright agent at the address provided above.
Your counter-notification should include the following information:
1. Your physical or electronic signature.
2. Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled.
3. A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
4. Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal district court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under DMCA 512 subsection (c)(1)(c) or an agent of such person.
In accordance with the DMCA, we have a policy to terminate the accounts of users who are determined to be repeat infringers. We will also remove any content that has been repeatedly identified as infringing.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this DMCA Policy, please contact our designated copyright agent at the address provided above.
Changes to the DMCA Policy:
This DMCA Policy is subject to change without notice. Changes will be effective immediately upon posting on this page.
This DMCA Policy was last updated on [Insert Date].
This DMCA Policy is intended to provide general information about our procedures for responding to notices of alleged copyright infringement. This policy is not legal advice and should not be considered a substitute for legal counsel. If you have questions about your rights or obligations under copyright law, please consult with legal counsel.