Anyone who has been growing marijuana – or has been planning or reading up on growing marijuana is likely to have heard the name ‘Vivosun’. It is one of the most popular and the most trusted brands in the world of marijuana growers, especially when it comes to buying grow tents. Vivosun grow tents are known for their reliability and for their performance among many other things. In a market where you’re not really sure what you are going to get, Vivosun is perhaps one name which you can have a blind faith on! There are a number of products that the company makes and in this article, we shall be exploring them in detail.
Over the course of this article, we shall be taking a closer and detailed look at Vivosun grow tents – reviews, buyer’s guide, as well as answer many questions relating to them that you might be wondering about. We will also be talking about grow tents in general and what makes Vivosun’s tents stand out and be really special. Let us first take a look by answering some basic questions –
What is a Grow Tent?
Grow tents are basically spaces in which your plant can grow with ease in an environment which is suitable for its growth. These grow tents are enclosed spaces where the plant can grow without any disturbance or interference. Grow tents provide a space where an ideal environment can be recreated with ease, as plants get just the right amount of light, air, temperature, humidity etc which will ensure bigger buds and faster growth.
Grow tents are designed in a way that they enhance the efficiency of the grow light. They have a thick canvas cloth on the outside while the inner layers are lined with a reflective material which makes sure that the light bounces back on to the plants. The thick canvas on the outside also ensures insulation and gives the plants a proper temperature to grow in. Another major benefit of grow tents is that of privacy. Even as marijuana becomes legal across many places in the US as well as in the world, growers still want to keep this a secret and would rather grow in these hidden and enclosed spaces. Lastly, grow tents help keep insects, pets and pests away which can damage your plants if left to grow in an open space.
Understanding Brand Vivosun – What Makes it Special?
Vivosun Horticultures is a leading brand when it comes to everything related to growing plants! While the company is best known for their grow tents, there’s a lot more that they have to offer. The company also manufactures ventilation equipment, lighting solutions, grow kits, and other accessories needed for your plants to grow properly. Not only do they specialize in indoor growth of plants, they also provide various solutions for growing your plants outdoors!
What truly makes it different from many other names in the market is the fact that this is an American brand, based out of California. This is one of the biggest reasons as to why their customer support and warranties are more trustworthy compared to other brands. The company was founded in 2009 and has been around the markets for over 11 years now, and supplies over 200 different types of products to more than 50 nations all over the world. The company also focuses a lot on research and development as well as quality control.
Best Vivosun Grow Tent Reviews (2020)
Here are some of the best grow tents from the company that you can buy off Amazon right now. We have tried and provide you with all the different types of grow tents that Vivosun manufactures. These vary from being regular grow tents to stylized grow tents. There’s also a double-door grow tent, as well as a two-in-one grow tent in this list. Do go through them to get a better idea on knowing what Vivosun has to offer for the growers:
1. Basic Vivosun 4×4 Grow Tent (48″x48″x80″)
This is the most basic, standard-offering grow tent from Vivosun. Measuring in at 4ft x 4ft x 6.6ft, this grow tent comes with an extra-thick canvas which makes sure that all the light that comes from the grow light remains trapped inside and does not leak out. They make use of the Oxford 600D canvas cloth, which is double-stitched and is 0.8mm thick. There’s an observation window in this grow tent as well, which allows the growers to quickly look at how their plants are doing without really needing to open up the whole tent.
There are strong metal poles which hold the entire structure together. The poles are durable and ensure that you can hang your lights and filters on to it without facing any problems. These poles on the grow tent are also quite easy to assemble. The zipper is also heavy-duty and of a really good quality which will make sure that it lasts you for a long time. This grow tent is priced in at under $120 and offers a decent growing space for a small-scale grower. There’s also a no-hassle 2-year warranty that you get with this grow tent.
- Easy to assemble and durable poles
- Spacious for a small-scale grower
- Good quality zipper
- Thick canvas
- 2 year warranty
- Some users find it a little too tall to set up in attic/rooms with a low ceiling
2. Stylish Vivosun 4×4 Grow Tent GREY (48″x48″x80″)
This is another grow tent which is very basic in nature and pretty similar to the one above – but with one huge difference. This is a gray colored grow tent. An overwhelming majority of the grow tents that you find in the markets today are black in color. This is what makes it starkly different from all the other grow tents on this list as well as out there in the stores. While the color is different the quality of cloth remains A-grade. This is still the Oxford 600D fiber which has been double-stitched and is made out of PE material, which is completely non-toxic. However, it looks really sleek and modern when you compare it with the black colored tents.
Coming to the size, this measures 4ft x 4ft x 6.6ft, which is the perfect size for small-scale growers as it allows them sufficient length and breadth but most importantly a decent height which ensures their plants can grow tall and have more yield. This grow tent is very easy to set up and can be assembled in a matter of mere minutes! There’s a strong metal frame which helps the tent stay together. The inner layer of this grow tent is lined with a 98% reflective mylar material which makes sure the plants get the best possible lighting.
- Gray color looks really unique and different
- Spacious for a small-scale grower
- Sturdy build with strong metal poles, easy to assemble as well
- There’s a 2-year warranty on this grow tent
- Very reflective inner layer
- Not as ‘discreet’ as the black grow tents. Would stand out and is quite noticeable.
3. Vivosun 2-in-1 Grow Tent (60”x48”x80”)
Moving on from the standard-sized grow tents, we now have a special and different kind of a grow tent from Vivosun. This one has two different sections in it, making it a great choice for growers who have plants in two different cycles of growth. Plants which are still very young and maturing can be placed on the two-floored nursery section on the side, while plants which have grown well and are now mature can be placed in the main chamber.
The overall size of this grow tent is 5ft x 4ft x 6.6ft – which is then split between the nursery chamber and the main chamber. The former gets 1ft x 4ft x 6.6ft split into two floors, while the main chamber gets 4ft x 4ft x 6.6ft – the size of a standard tent. This is a waterproof tent, which is great because it makes cleaning it a lot more easier. The outer canvas of this grow tent is made out of the Oxford 600D cloth, making it light-proof to a great extent. This grow tent from Vivosun also comes with an observation window and a floor tray which makes cleaning easier. A pouch inside the tent makes it easier for growers to store their tools when needed.
- Great for growers who have plants which are still seedlings as well as for plants which have matured
- Main chamber is spacious enough for a small-scale grower
- Uses high-quality cloth for the outer canvas
- Waterproof tent, comes with floor tray – making cleaning easier
- Has observation window as well
- Setting up a 2-in-1 grow tent might be quite tricky for beginners
4. Vivosun Large Double-Door Grow Tent (96″x48″x80″)
Vivosun grow tents are known for their high-quality offerings for all kinds of growers – and this grow tent is for the mid-scale growers. A grow tent measuring 8ft x 4ft x 6.6ft, this is big enough for growers who want to grow their cannabis in multiple pots. This is a huge grow tent and you better get it if you have a big room else it might end up occupying most of your room. This grow tent is priced in at under $200 which is a fair price for a tent its size. There are multiple observation windows as well as two doors which open up to provide you full access to the tent. There are multiple openings for ventilation and for inserting inline duct fans as well.
There’s an extra-thick canvas which makes sure that no light comes out of the grow tent and that all the lighting inside it is used for the plants’ growth. The metal poles around which the canvas has been placed features zinc planting which ensures anti-rust properties. There’s also another major benefit of buying this grow tent – you get a tool-free installation and can set up the tent without having to spend too much time figuring it out. Lastly, there are waterproof floor trays which make it very easy to clean the tent. There’s a two year warranty on this grow tent from Vivosun.
- Big enough for mid-scale growers
- Comes with observation windows and two doors
- Floor trays for easy cleaning
- Extra-thick canvas to make sure no light leaks out
- Strong anti-rust poles that make sure the structure stays sturdy
- Some growers complain of welding issues on the brackets which hold the poles together
5. Vivosun Roof Cube Grow Tent (60″x60″x72″)
The last product on our list but certainly not the least of the lot! This grow tent from Vivosun measures in at 5ft x 5ft x 6ft but has a unique twist to it. The top of this grow tent is actually shaped like a ‘roof cube’ which gives it quite a real tent-like feel. It also makes it possible for the lighting to be adjusted in a manner that it will ensure more utilization of the space. This is one of the best Vivosun grow tents for small-scale growers who don’t have a really high space requirement but need a spacious tent. There’s also a 4ft x 4ft x 6ft variant available on the same link.
This grow tent is pretty easy to set up and install as well. There’s an easy-viewing observation window which makes sure you don’t have to unzip the entire tent to view the progress of your plants. There’s a ‘super zipper’ which helps light proof the entire tent and no light leaks out and there are no pinhole leaks.
- Unique design style
- Big and spacious for small sized growers
- Good zipper strength
- Has an observation window for easy access
- Some people prefer taller grow tents rather than having a roof-cube design
Buyer’s Guide to Vivosun Grow Tents
Anytime you buy a grow tent, be it from Vivosun or from any brand for that matter, you need to see if it stands good on certain points on this checklist. These are some things you should check in any grow tent before you give the company your money:
- How Many Plants Do You Have – Is the grow tent big enough to fit all your plants? Would you require multiple grow tents to fit the number of plants that you have? As a best practice, always buy a grow tent which is a little larger than the area that your plants occupy so when they begin to grow bigger you can move the pots around and create space between them for the plants to grow and breathe.
- Durability – Your grow tent also needs to be durable enough to make sure that it can hold a lot of weight. Grow lights, carbon filters, and other grow tent accessories all hang on to the tent’s poles and they need to be strong. When we talk about Vivosun, most of their standard-sized grow tents can hold about 110lbs of weight easily while their double-doored and large sized grow tents can hold about 220lbs of weight which makes it pretty durable
- Observation Window – A good grow tent must always have an observation window so that you can easily take a peak inside without having to unzip the whole thing. This makes it much easier for you to check on the growth and development of your plant without having the light leak out of the tent.
- Canvas Quality – The canvas on the exterior needs to be thick. Vivosun uses the Oxford 600D cloth for almost all their grow tents which is the industry standard and is known to be a thick, double-stitched cloth which makes sure all the light remains inside and does not leak out, as well as is durable enough and does not tear easily.
- Reflective Interior – The interior layer of the grow tent needs to be lined with a reflective material which will make sure that the light that comes from your grow light is maximized and bounces back to the plants from all angles. Thankfully, most of Vivosun’s grow tents use a Mylar layer which is very reflective and it ensures that the plants get the best nourishment from the light.
- Zipper Quality – Zipper quality seems like a very trivial matter to even discuss but believe us it is not to be taken lightly! Any grower worth his or her salt can tell you that zippers tend to break off very easily and can be quite annoying when that happens. Luckily, Vivosun uses good quality industrial-grade zippers which make sure they last long and also ensure the light doesn’t leak out from any gaps in the zipper
- Ease of Use – Assembling your grow tent should not be a challenging task. Vivosun ensures of this fact and most of their grow tents can easily be arranged and assembled without using any tools. You just have to push the rods in the socket and they would click together and hold good for a long time.
- Price, Warranty, and Customer Support – Lastly, these are three things that you must consider when buying any grow tent. Vivosun’s grow tents are the most reasonably priced tents in the markets, and they offer a decent warranty period and excellent customer support as well. Thanks to it being a US-based company, the customer support is really good and they are very approachable on call as well as over email. The company has generally been known to honour their warranty without much of a hassle.
Recommended: Best Inline Fan for Grow Tent and Room
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Vivosun Grow Tents
Here are the answers to some of the most common questions and doubts that people have about grow tents:
1. Is it legal to buy grow tents in the US?
Yes, buying grow tents is legal. However, growing weed inside them might not be legal based on where you are living. Always make sure you have confirmed this with your local law enforcement agencies that it is legal to grow weed – and even if so, how much weed can you grow at home.
2. How many kinds of grow tents are there?
Grow tents are usually differentiated based on their size. Vivosun makes grow tents of all shapes and sizes ranging from basic 2×4 grow tents to very large tents that have double doors. Then there are some grow tents which have multiple chambers to support multiple phases of the plant’s growth cycle. These 2-in-1 grow tents are also manufactured by Vivosun. Then there can be grow tents with a stylized element to it – for instance most grow tents are usually black in color, but there’s a sleek gray grow tent that the company makes. There’s also one which has a ‘roof cube’ design. We have included all these different types of grow tents in our list of Vivosun Grow Tents above.
3. How much weight can Vivosun grow tents hold?
Average grow tents can hold about 110lbs of weight without any problem. Those grow tents from Vivosun which are a little larger in size (double-doored ones) can hold about 220lbs of weight to accommodate larger lighting needs.
To conclude, Vivosun is indeed one of the biggest and the brightest names when it comes to the world of growing marijuana and particularly grow tents. We hope that this article helps you understand the brand in a much better and detailed manner and helps you know what all different products they have to offer when we talk about the best grow tents in the markets. Do let us know in the comments below or drop us an email if there’s something more that you would like to know about Vivosun or if there’s something that we might have missed out on. Till then….
….Happy Growing! 🙂
Recommended: Best Dehumidifier for Grow Tent & Room