Last Updated on September, 2023 by Rob Wilson
When it comes to LED grow lights, there are a number of different options that growers can buy. There are grow lights of different shapes, sizes, coverages and intensities. However, if you are someone who is growing plants for personal use and on a small scale level, you are perhaps looking forward to buying the best 600 Watt LED grow lights that you can find. 600W lights are perfect for growers who have smaller needs and don’t need really intense lights that cover wider areas. Multiple 600W LED lights are often considered a better option for smaller growers than one large 1200W light. In this article, we shall be looking in detail at some of the best options that you have if you are looking forward to buying these lights!
We shall begin with a quick look at what an LED light is and what are the benefits it has over other types of lights and then cut straight to the 10 best 600 Watt LED grow lights in 2022 that you can buy off the web right now. A detailed review of these LED grow lights will be provided along with a list of pros and cons for each one of them – which will help you make a better and a well-informed decision. We shall follow that up with a buyer’s guide which will help you decide for yourself as to which grow light suits your needs the best. There are also answers to some frequently asked questions, followed by the conclusion. Let us now begin by looking at LED lights and why are they superior to other types of lighting.
Why are LED Lights the Best Choice for Marijuana Growers?
There are a number of different options for growers when it comes to lighting up their grow tents or grow rooms. These include high-intensity lighting options such as HPS grow lights or Metal Halides. Then there are also CFL lights and other old-school types of lighting choices. However, most growers these days are preferring LED grow lights over these lighting solutions. This is because of a number of reasons – but the biggest benefit that growers get from using LED grow lights is that they are much more power-efficient. There’s a huge difference in the power consumption between LED lights and any of the other older forms of lighting.
While power consumption is the biggest reason as to why more and more growers are now using LED lights, there are some other reasons too. Heating is one such reason. LED lights generate much lesser heat when you compare them with older forms of lighting. LED lights are also non-toxic in nature as they do not carry any chemicals in them and can be disposed with a much greater ease. Lifespan is another major factor as LED lights can last you as many as 100,000 hours – which means 11 years of continuous use! Lastly, LED lights are easier to repair too – and even if some LEDs stop working it doesn’t affect much as there are many others on the panel which won’t be affected by one of them going bad! These are just some of the reasons as to why LED lights are being preferred over other forms of lighting these days. Let us now cut straight to the main story and look at what are some of the best options that you have –
10 Best 600W LED Grow Lights (2022): A Complete Review
These are the 10 best 600 Watt LED grow lights in the markets that you can buy off the internet in just a few clicks. We have provided a detailed review of each of the lights so that it becomes easier for you to decide which is the best option that you have:
- Actual Power Draw: 260W +/- 3%
- Coverage: 2.5×2.5ft at bloom and 3x3ft at veg
- Size: 15.3×12.8×3 inches
One of the first brands that we think of when we think of LED lighting for growing marijuana is that of Viparspectra. The company, over the years, has been coming out with some of the best lighting solutions for indoor growers and this is one of the best 600W LED grow lights that you can find in the markets. The grow light comes with separate switches for the VEG and BLOOM lighting modes and is a full-spectrum LED light, which is a plus point. Then there’s the fact that this is a UL certified grow light which means it follows all proper safety standards as well.
Another huge plus point here is that this grow light from Viparspectra supports daisy chaining, allowing you to plug in multiple grow lights together. The coverage you get when you use this grow light is 3x3ft at the veg stage and 2.5×2.5ft in the bloom stage. There’s a three-year warranty that you get when you use this grow light from Viparspectra and there’s an additional 30-day money back guarantee on it as well. All in all this is one of the best grow lights that you can get. Setting it up is quite easy and beginner friendly too.
- Supports daisy chaining
- Consumes very little power
- Easy to set up
- Follows safety standards
- Full spectrum lighting along with veg and bloom channels
- Coverage could be improved
- Actual Power Draw: 240W
- Coverage: 4x4ft during vegetative phase, 3x3ft during the flowering phase
- Size: 20 x 15.4 x 5.5 inches
When you look at the top brands that make LED grow lights for growing marijuana, the second major name after Viparspectra is that of Vivosun. The company makes a number of products for indoor growers and grow lights are also one of them. This grow light from Vivosun is a great product and comes with quite an elegant design as well. There are two different switches for the VEG and BLOOM Channels allowing growers to use different types of lighting at different stages of the plant’s growth. It supports daisy chaining of upto 4 units too.
Cooling has also been properly taken care of. There are 2 fans built inside this grow light of 5 inches, which ensure that all the heat is properly dissipated. The bulbs are also quite bright, thanks particularly to the new and improved technology used by the company. The PAR output is high and the grow light can cover about 4×4 ft during the veg stage and about 3×3 ft during the blooming phase. There are 120 LEDs in this grow light of 5W each. The actual power consumption here is of 240W. You also get a three-year warranty on the product. All in all one of the best 600W LED grow lights that you can buy.
- Multiple VEG and BLOOM channels, full spectrum lighting
- Supports daisy chaining of four grow lights together
- Pretty durable, lights are also bright
- 3-year warranty
- Some growers have found the fans to be a little too noisy for their preference
- Actual Power Draw: 368W
- Coverage: Veg: 6 x 3.75 feet, Bloom: 5 x 2/2.5 feet.
- Size: 36 x 3 x 9 inches
One of the best names in the markets when it comes to premium quality LED grow lights is that of Advanced Platinum and their Platinum LED grow lights. The first thing that stands out about this grow light is the design that it has a premium look and feel to it. The second that will stand out is that this is a very expensive product – the most expensive name on this list. This is because of the quality of build that you get here is a cut above the rest. It has been made with the best of parts and offers a much longer warranty period (5 years) as well.
The lighting is also superior compared to almost every other name on our list. The manufacturer claims to offer at least 2-3x brighter and more intense lighting than most other grow lights. There are two different switches for the VEG and BLOOM mode which ensures that the growers can provide the right kind of lighting to the plants during the different phases of their growth. This grow light is quite powerful and can easily replace an 800W High Pressure Sodium grow light. There’s a 12-band full-spectrum lighting setup which ensures that plants get the maximum possible benefit from this light. The coverage is also quite good – 6ft x 4ft at 18” which increases if you raise it higher.
- One of the best and most premium brands, very credible company
- Very bright lighting
- High PAR Value
- 5-year warranty period
- Full-spectrum lighting with VEG and BLOOM channels
- Excellent cooling
- Actual Power Draw: 138W
- Coverage: 2.5×2.5ft in the veg phase, 2x2ft in flowering phase.
- Size: 11.6 x 8.5 x 2.8 inches
Growers who have spent some time growing their plants or looking up the markets for the best grow lights for growing weed indoors would know that Bloomspect is one of the best and most trusted names in the industry. The company is known for making excellent low-cost solutions for growing marijuana in a grow tent. This is one of the best 600W LED grow lights that you can get for your plants and it doesn’t really burn a hole in your pockets too! Priced at under $70, this grow light has one huge advantage – it has a dimmer as well, which will allow you to set just the perfect lighting for your plants!
This is a full-spectrum LED grow light which features 60 pieces of LEDs of 10W each. The dimmer is a great plus point and ensures you can set the light just right. Furthermore getting a dimmer at such a low price point is a huge benefit for the growers. The light consumes only about 138W of electricity from the power socket, making it very economical. There’s also a 2-year warranty on this Bloomspect LED grow light along with a 30-day money-back guarantee. All-in-all, if you are looking for a low-cost device which punches way (waaayyyy) above its weight, this is just the right choice for you.
- Low-cost – very economical and cheap
- Comes with a dimmer
- Simple plug and play operation – easy to set up
- High PAR value compared to price you get it for
- Supports daisy chaining
- Small coverage area
- Does not have seperate VEG and BLOOM switches
- Actual Power Draw: 100W (+/- 5%)
- Coverage: Veg: 2ft x 2ft, Bloom: 1.5ft x 1.5ft
- Size: 14.02 x 12.2 x 1.42 inches
Structurally as well as lighting-wise, this grow light from Mars Hydro is a little different from other grow lights that we have seen here. There’s a unique reflective design in which this grow light is built in, allowing it to 20% increase in its lighting. There are 225 pieces of LEDs in this grow light, ensuring that the light that comes out of it is really bright. The Mars Hydro TS 600W LED grow light is one of the best options you have if you don’t really want to cover a large area. The light is really bright, and has a high PAR score as well – 591μmol/m².s.
The coverage that you get here is a little lesser than what you would get from most other grow lights, which is one drawback of this Mars Hydro grow light. It offers only 2′ x 2′ coverage in the veg stage, while it offers 1.5′ x 1.5′ coverage in the bloom stage. The heat sinks in this grow light also function just as they are supposed to and make sure that heat does not accumulate in the equipment and does not damage it. This is a fanless LED light which gets rid of all the loud fan sounds that growers usually hate.
- Quite bright – offers warm lighting
- Very high PAR value
- Fanless LED light – does not make a noise
- Offers a full-spectrum of lighting
- 3 years of warranty
- Very limited coverage
- Actual Power Draw: 165W±5%
- Coverage: Not specified
- Size: 12.17* 8.44* 2.87 inch
This is the first of the two Roleadro grow lights on our list. This is a 600W LED grow light which comes out into the markets with an impressive performance backing it. Safety is one factor which Roleadro has taken good care of as this light is made out of a flame retardant casing. There are 60-degree reflector cups that make sure that all light reaches the plants in just the right manner and also helps increase the illumination area. Another great thing about this grow light is that it supports daisy chaining, meaning you can plug multiple grow lights on to each other instead of plugging each to the wall socket on their own.
The grow light makes use of high-quality fans to ensure that no heat gets accumulated inside it. The look and feel of this device is pretty decent. While it is a little bulky to hold, the white color gives it a really cool appearance. This grow light offers a warranty of 12 months and a 30-day money-back guarantee. All said and done, one of the best 600W LED grow lights for those looking for a backup lighting option.
- Value for money product
- Features a flame-retardant casing – focuses on safety
- Supports daisy chaining
- Reflectors ensure light is brighter than usual
- Coverage not specified by manufacturer
- One year warranty period is too little
- Actual Power Draw: 70W
- Coverage: Not Specified
- Size: 15.59 x 9.69 x 4.25 inches
The seventh name on our list is one of the best 600W LED grow lights for those growers who are looking for a cheap grow light which packs in a lot of good features. Giixer’s 600W LED light features 60 pieces of 10W LED lights, a total of 600W lighting in all. There are dual-chip LED lights on this grow light, which are bigger and brighter compared to most other grow lights in the markets. There’s also dual switches on the body of the light, allowing you to easily turn on and off the VEG and BLOOM modes of lighting depending on which phase of growth your plant is currently in. The thing that stands out the most about this grow light is that it actually consumes only 70 watts when it comes to power draw.
With this 600W LED light from Giixer, you get a full-spectrum lighting, which is as close to natural sunlight as it can get! One of the biggest benefits of this grow light is that you are getting all of these features at a price point which is very, very pocket friendly. There’s also a 24-month warranty period that you get when you buy this grow light, along with a 30-day money back guarantee as well. There are fans on the back which ensure that the light is not heated too much. In addition to that, this grow light can last you for over 100,000 hours – which is its biggest benefit.
- Very cheap
- Consumes very little power
- 2 years of warranty
- 100,000 hours of performance
- Details about coverage not specified by manufacturer
- Tends to heat up
- Actual Power Draw: 100 watt ±3%
- Coverage: 2x2ft growing area at 24″ height
- Size: 15.75 x 2.36 x 6.69 inches
Phlizon is another popular company when it comes to growing marijuana indoors. They have been coming out with some of the best low-cost offerings for growers and this is their newest 600W LED grow light which is a pretty alright product if you’re looking forward to buying a secondary or a backup grow light. Priced at under $100, this is a good lighting unit which delivers way better than what most people expect it to. The company keeps safety first and keeping that in mind, they have removed the reflector so that there’s no risk of overheating.
There are separate switches for the VEG and BLOOM channels in this grow light, which make it a good choice for growers who want to provide the right kind of lighting at different phases of their plant’s growth cycle. You get a 2x2ft growing area at 24″ height. The LEDs are angled at 90degrees and 120degrees. The grow light draws only 100W of power from the main power socket. The lighting you get is full-spectrum including universal infrared and ultraviolet lights. There’s a 2 year warranty on this grow light from Phlizon.
- Priced in under $100
- Seperate switches for VEG and BLOOM
- Designed with fire safety in mind
- Full-spectrum lighting
- Coverage area is too little
- Actual Power Draw: 134W±3% @110V
- Coverage: 2x2ft at flowering stage, 2.5×2.5ft at vegetative stage
- Size: 11.8 x 7.9 x 3.5 inches
The penultimate name on our list, this grow light comes from Maxisun, which is a credible brand when it comes to getting grow lights to grow plants indoors. Slightly bulkier than most other names on this list, this grow light makes use of 60 pieces of LEDs at 10W each to ensure that you are getting a proper 600W output. The grow light covers about 2×2 ft of flowering area which is decent enough for personal-scale growers. The vegetative growth area can go upto 2.5ft x 2.5ft.
When you compare this with HID grow lights, the power draw is quite less – making it economical to use. Costing just $69.99, this grow light from Maxisun is quite cheap too. There are high-speed fans used inside this grow light to ensure that the heat does not get accumulated in it and that it does not get damaged. This is a full-spectrum grow light which will help oversee the plant grow from a seed to a fully-grown plant without having to change the lighting. There’s a two-year warranty that you get with this grow light along with a 30-day money back guarantee.
- Costs under $100 – quite cheap
- Doesn’t consume a lot of power
- Decent PAR value
- Doesn’t heat up too much
- Quite bulky
- Limited coverage area
- Actual Power Draw: 134w±5% 110V; 132w±5% 220V
- Coverage: Unspecified
- Size: 12inch * 8inch*2.5inch
Last but not the least, this is our second grow light from Roleadro on this list, which offers the growers with a great lighting experience and is one of the best names for those growers who want a very cheap and inexpensive lighting solution. This grow light costs only $60 and uses ‘Bead and Zener design’ which will ensure that the system will continue to function even if some LEDs go bad. The full-spectrum lighting on this grow light makes sure that your plants get a proper sunlight-like experience and grow properly. This grow light also supports daisy chaining where you can hook multiple grow lights on to each other.
There’s a proper cooling system in place which makes sure all the heat gets dissipated really well. This is achieved with the help of a heat sink as well as high-speed fans. Proper cooling ensures longer lifespan of the grow light as well. The company claims to have put 11 years of research and development behind the creation of this grow light. There’s a 2-year warranty as well as a 30-day money back guarantee on this grow light.
- Very low price point
- New generation LED lights – offer brighter lighting
- Supports daisy chaining
- 2-year warranty
- Coverage area not specified
- King Plus 1200W LED Grow Light
- Viparspectra 600W LED Grow Light
- Viparspectra LED Grow Light
- Mars Hydro 300W LED Grow Light
- Lightimetunnel 600W LED Grow Light
- Meizhi 600W Reflector LED Grow Light
- Phlizon 1200W LED Grow Light
- Bestva 600W LED Grow Light
- Bloomspect 600W LED Grow Light
Buyer’s Guide to LED Grow Lights: What to Consider Before Buying the Lights
Now that you know which are the 10 best LED grow lights that you can buy for growing marijuana indoors, let us now take a look at some of the factors that need to be kept in mind before you purchase these lights:
- Coverage: You must know what is the exact coverage that your LED grow light is providing you with and will it be enough to cover your plants? Coverage matters a lot because based on that you might have to buy multiple grow lights to ensure that all your plants are properly getting it. There’s no point buying a grow light which offers a coverage smaller than your existing setup.
- Power Consumption: You must know what is the exact power draw that your grow light offers. A 600W LED grow light does not consume 600 Watts of electricity from the wall socket – the number is much, much lower – always check the exact power draw before you buy your light.
- Durability – Durability is another factor that growers must keep in mind before they buy their LED grow light. In case of any damage, bump or fall, your light must be sturdy enough to survive. Durability also includes the lifetime of the product. A 600W LED grow light should last you a minimum of 50,000 hours going all the way up to 100,000 hours and beyond.
- Lighting Spectrum: Make sure that the lighting spectrum on your LED grow light is a full-spectrum setup. This will ensure that the light coming out of the LEDs will jointly give an effect of being very similar to the natural light of the sun. Plants need lights of different wavelengths at different phases of their growth and you must make sure your grow light offers the complete spectrum of lighting.
- Cooling and Safety Measures: Another thing you must check is the cooling capabilities of your grow light. While LED grow lights don’t tend to heat up as much as some other types of grow lights in the past – they still generate some amount of heat and there must be a proper heat dissipation system in the light which will ensure that the heat does not accumulate and damage the product! Safety standards also need to be properly followed by the manufacturer.
- Price and Warranty: Price and warranty are the last two things that you must check but they too are very important. The price of LED grow lights is usually quite cheap but some brands such as PlatinumLED can be quite expensive. Also always check the warranty of the light that you are getting – it must be
- Spider Farmer SF-(600, 1000, 2000, 4000) LED Grow Light
- HiGrow 1500W LED Grow Light
- Viparspectra PAR600 600W LED Grow Light
- Bestva DC 2000W LED Grow Ligh
- Viparspectra 1200W LED Grow Light
- Viparspectra V300 300W LED Grow Light
- Roleadro GalaxyHydro 1000W Led Grow Lights
- King Plus 1000W LED Grow Light
- King Plus 3000W LED Grow Light
Frequently Asked Questions about LED Grow Lights
Here are the answers to some of the most common questions that are often asked by growers about 600W LED grow lights. We strongly recommend that you go through these questions as well as they will help you gain a much better understanding about the lights:
1. What is the use of an LED light?
When you are growing marijuana indoors, you need to artificially recreate many factors of growth which are otherwise present naturally outdoors. One such factor is sunlight – which is very important for the growth of plants. Using a full-spectrum LED grow light ensures that the plants are getting proper lighting. Lighting is very important because light helps the plants produce chlorophyll and photosynthesize properly, as well as helps it in various other processes of growth. A full-spectrum LED light ensures that the red as well as blue spectrum of light is provided to the plants which helps them grow through their vegetative phase as well as the blooming/flowering phase. This is the reason LED lights are important.
2. How many plants can I grow under a 600W LED grow light?
It depends upon the coverage that the light offers you. You need to first know how much area your plants are occupying. Then, make sure you check out the coverage in the review to know exactly how much area the light covers and independently you can choose the number of lights to see what fits your setup the best.
3. Who is a 600W LED grow light meant for?
A 600W grow light isn’t as high intensity compared to 2000W or 3000W lights. However, the light output is enough for a small setup operating for a personal scale of growth. If you are growing very few plants then this is a good option for you. This light is also good for growers who want to buy cheap LED grow lights as a backup option in case their main lights go bad and need repairs. These are also a good ‘extension’ lighting option.
4. Is it legal to use these LED grow lights?
Yes, using LED grow lights is legal. There are no laws which stop growers from using LED grow lights – as these lights can be used for growing a number of different indoor plants which might be vegetables or ornamental plants. However, there might be some legal troubles if you are using these grow lights to grow marijuana as growing weed might not be allowed in all jurisdictions. Laws against weed are getting liberal over the past few decades but still it is illegal to possess or grow weed in many places around the world. Make sure you are aware of your local laws before you start growing your weed indoors.
5. Which is the best LED grow light?
You can go through our checklist above to decide it for yourself! The best lights, in general, are the ones which are bright and offer you a full-spectrum and have a coverage space enough to cover all your plants. They should also consume less electricity and offer a good warranty and after-sales service. Do refer to our buyer’s guide just above the FAQs section to get a much better picture of the light of your choice.
- Best LED Grow Lights
- Best Cheap LED Grow Lights
- Best 600 Watt LED Grow Lights
- Best Grow Light Ballasts
- Best ViparSpectra LED Grow Lights
- Best LED Grow Light For 4X4 Grow Tents
- Best T5 LED Grow Lights
- Best Light for Vegetative Growth
- Best Double Ended (DE) Grow Lights
- LED Grow Light Distance Chart
We hope that this article on the 10 best 600 Watt LED grow lights helped you get a good idea about some of the best options that are available in the market and can be bought off the internet with ease. We have attempted to provide a review as detailed as possible so that the growers can know everything about their light that there is to know! If there are any other grow lights which you feel are a better option that are not in our list, do let us know over the comments or drop us an email and we shall include them in our list. Till then…
….Happy Growing! 🙂
Table of Contents