Best Grow Tents Near Me: When you are growing marijuana, one of the first things that you need to consider is – where exactly are you going to grow it. Growing it outdoors has its own set of problems but that’s a discussion for some other time. In this article, we take a closer look at the indoor growing of marijuana – and where can you grow it. The best way of growing marijuana indoors is by either growing them in a grow room or in a grow tent. In this article, we will be taking a detailed look at growing weed in a grow tent and which are the best grow tents that you have available for you.
We shall start off by first understanding what a grow tent is and why is it so important for growing weed in. Then, we take a look at where to find the nearest grow tent supplier for you, followed by the 7 best grow tents that you can buy right now along with a detailed review and a look at the pros and the cons of these tents. After you know which are the options available to you, we take a closer look at a ‘buyers guide’, i.e. what all do you need to consider before you buy a grow tent. This will be followed by some of the most frequently asked questions about a grow tent that even you might have in your mind!
So let us begin by addressing the most basic question first:
What is a Grow Tent and Why is it Needed for Growing Marijuana?
A grow tent is basically an enclosed structure which allows you to create an ideal space to grow your plants in. Imagine it as a regular tent, but with space to hang a grow light, a carbon filter, and with vents which allow you to put fans in so that air circulation is provided to the plant. It comes with doors and windows which allow you to open it and provide water to the plants at regular intervals.
Now, if you look at it closely, under the open skies, a marijuana plant requires sunlight and heat, air and water for proper growth. All of this is possible when you use a grow tent. It allows you to simulate the ideal growth environment for your plants. Another major characteristic feature of a grow tent is that the interior of the tent is basically made of walls lined with a reflective mylar coating which ensures that all the light keeps getting reflected on to the plant.
There are a number of other advantages of using a grow tent for growing marijuana indoors. Here’s a closer look at that:
Why are Grow Tents Important for Growing Marijuana
Let us take a detailed look at the importance of grow tents while growing weed:
- First off, they ensure that all the light is contained inside the area and is focused on the plants. Thanks to the enclosed nature of the tents and the thick canvas, the light is trapped inside and the only place where the light can be absorbed are the plants because practically everything else would reflect it. This maximizes the efficiency of your grow light as well.
- Grow tents are an excellent way of keeping your growing discreet. While most growers grow their weed in a separate room, they’d still not grow it out in the open making it obvious for everyone that they are growing weed. These grow tents allow the plants to be kept in an enclosed space where they can be zipped up and won’t really attract attention.
- Another great advantage of using grow tents to grow marijuana (or any other plant for that matter) is that it allows the growers to keep the pests away. Since these are enclosed spaces, pests won’t be able to enter them as opposed to growing them out in the open.
- Being an enclosed space, other factors which are essential for the growth of a plant such as temperature and humidity can also be controlled well over here.
Where to Find The Nearest Grow Tent Supplier?
If you often find yourself wondering ‘where can I find grow tents near me’ or where to buy grow tents from, the answer to that is probably in your pocket, or your desk, or in your hand already! Grow tents no longer need to be purchased from traditional grow tent suppliers as most of them have now moved online. Here’s a closer look at the 7 best grow tents that you can purchase off the internet today and start growing your marijuana!
Best Grow Tents For Growing Marijuana Indoors: A Complete Review
One of the most popular names when it comes to the world of growing marijuana indoors, Vivosun makes its presence felt across several verticals of the indoor marijuana industry. The company also makes grow tents and the VIVOSUN grow tents are some of the best options available to the growers. This particular grow tent from the company measures 4 feet x 2 ft and has a height of 5 ft. On the inside, it is made up of 98%-reflective mylar which ensures that all the light is reflected on to the plant and the lights are used to their maximum possible efficiency. The zipper too has black lining to ensure that the light remains inside
Moreover, the canvas of this grow tent is extra-thick in nature and ensures that the light does not leak out of it. The canvas is 0.8mm thick and the material that is used is the Oxford 600D cloth which is a very well-trusted name in the markets and known for blocking light. The tent rests on metal poles which are quite sturdy and durable and can hold about 110lbs of weight. One big advantage of getting this grow tent is that it comes with an observation window so that you do not need to open the entire zipper to check on the growth of your plants every time you want to look at them.
There are dual ventilation socks which ensure that the grow tent is well ventilated. Moreover, there is also a pouch for you to put in some of the tools which you might need to maintain and upkeep the progress of your plants. A carbon filter belt is also included with the grow tent. This is indeed one of the best grow tents for growers who are looking forward to growing their marijuana in an indoors setup. There is also a floor tray that comes with the grow tent. Using a floor tray will help ensure that anything that might fall, such as water, soil or leaves, will not stain the tent but will instead be on a tray which can easily be removed and washed. This grow tent is also quite easy to setup and is beginner friendly. A top choice in 2020 for those who are for the answer to ‘where can i find the best grow tents near me’.
- Strong metal frame; can hold upto 110lbs
- Well ventilated
- Comes with an observation window and a floor tray
- Good quality cloth
- Draw strings for the vent holes don’t function well sometimes, allowing light and heat to leak out.
While VIVOSUN is the dominant name in the markets when it comes to marijuana-related products, there’s another major player – MARS HYDRO, which makes amazing equipment for growers and this grow tent is just one of these products. This is one of the best small grow tents for growers in 2020. If you are a grower planning on growing marijuana and are wondering ‘where can i find the best grow tents near me’, this will perhaps answer your question.
This is a 27″ x 27″ x 63″ (2’ x 2’ x 5’) grow tent which features the 1680D Canvas, which is double-stitched to ensure that all the light remains trapped inside and doesn’t leak out. This ensures that the lights are focused properly on the plant. This focusing of the light on the plants is helped thanks to the reflective layering on the inside, which is done via a diamond mylar layer – which is completely non-toxic and does not harm the environment at all. The frames around which the canvas is wrapped is an all-metal frame that can carry quite a lot of weight and is very sturdy too. The exteriors of the grow tent are also designed with care as it also comes with a protective layer on the outside around rough edges.
The zipper that is used in this grow tent is also a heavy-duty one as Mars Hydro wants to ensure that you have a seamless experience while using this grow tent. Similar to the VIVOSUN grow tent above, there’s also an observation window on this grow tent that will give you a quick peek into how your plants are doing without actually having to open the whole thing up. Another similarity here is that even this grow tent comes with a removable tray at the bottom which can make sure that anything that spills over is contained in it and it can later be removed and washed. This grow tent from Mars Hydro can be assembled with ease and comes with good ventilation too! A good choice for those growers looking forward to buying the best grow tents under $100.
- Strong Zipper
- Double-stitched 1680D Canvas
- Durable, sturdy metal frame
- Reflective layer made of diamond mylar
- Some users have found the vent holes to be located a little too high up in the tent
iPower is another very popular name when it comes to the world of growing marijuana. The company has been around for a while and has been making various things that assist the growers in growing the best quality weed. They also manufacture grow tents and iPower’s grow tents are a good option for those who are wondering where to buy grow tents from and which is the best grow tent supplier! This particular grow tent measures 2.6ft x 2.6ft x 5.25ft (32” x 32” x 63”) and is a good option for those who are looking forward to grow a small number of plants or for those who are just starting out on their weed growing journey.
This grow tent too, like most of the grow tents on our list, comes with an observation window which is great for growers because then they do not need to open up the whole setup via the zipper and risk leaking too much light. Moreover frequently opening and closing the zippers can be quite cumbersome and hence an observation window is a great little addition to have on a grow tent. The inner lining of this grow tent is made of a highly reflective mylar layer that makes sure that the light bounces straight on to the plant and is not absorbed by the walls of the tent.
In the past we have seen in some grow tents that light might leak out of duct holes. However, iPower’s grow tent ensures that this does not happen and comes with dual sleeves that make sure light does not leak out. There’s also a built-in tool pouch in this grow tent. This is a very sturdy structure which is easy to assemble as you do not need any screws or screwdrivers to assemble it up. The frame is rust-resistant and can carry a decent amount of weight (upto 110lbs). If you often find yourself asking the question of ‘which is the best grow tent near me’ the answer to that would perhaps be iPower’s grow tent. There are other size variants also available in case you’re looking for a bigger setup.
- Premium, minimal look and feel of the exterior
- Comes with an observation window
- Very easy to set up
- Well ventilated
- Some users have complained of long delivery time
Here’s yet another product from VIVOSUN but this time it is for growers who have really large growing needs. And we mean really large needs. This grow tent measures 10ft by 10ft in length and breadth and has a height of 6.6feet. This is a big sized setup for growers who have a lot of plants and want to grow them all in grow tents. As we have established above, VIVOSUN is one of the leading and the most popular and trusted brands when it comes to grow tents – or about any other equipment that is essential for the growers. For anyone wondering where to buy grow tents, VIVOSUN is perhaps the one-word answer that you’re looking for.
The grow tent is made up of high-quality canvas using the Oxford 600D cloth which is tear-proof and double-stitched, which makes sure that no light leaks out. Furthermore, the interior of this large grow tent is lined with a 98% reflective Mylar layer which is great for the plants because all the light will be reflected on to them. There are strong metal poles upon which this canvas will be attached and these metal poles can carry a lot of weight too, which is an important detail considering it is such a large setup. This grow tent comes with a 2-year warranty as well, which also makes sense because this is quite a hefty investment.
There are two sets of observation windows and two sets of zippers because of the large size and the unusual shape of the tent. Most grow tents you see would be higher in height than in width or length. However, here it is more broad than tall. The zippers that are used in this grow tent are also good quality zippers and ensure that light does not leak out from them. The ventilation opening on this grow tent is dual-layered, again to prevent light leaks. The package also comes with free straps which you can use to tie up carbon filters or anything else which might need to be suspended to the frame of the grow tent.
- Great for large-scale growers
- Unique shape and premium look and feel
- Multiple zippers and multiple observation windows
- 2-year warranty
- Durable frame and tear-proof cloth
Compared to some other popular names here like iPower, Mars Hydro and VIVOSUN, zazzy (and the next two brands on the list) is somewhat new for most growers. However, Zazzy does offer the growers with a good quality medium-sized grow tent. This is larger than your typical 2×2 grow tents that most small-scale growers or beginners use. This measures 48” x 48” x 78” (4ft x 4ft x 6.5ft) allowing a good and spacious area for medium-sized growers to grow their weed in. The height is also sufficient enough for the growers to hang their lights properly while allowing the plants to grow to full size.
This is one of the best grow tents under $100 and it features a diamond mylar coating on the inside which makes sure that all the light gets bounced back to the plants and that plants are getting the maximum possible benefit of the grow lights. Moreover, the cloth that the company uses on this grow tent is light-proof which makes sure that no light leaks out. Zazzy has even given it a thought and has added an extra layer of ribbon around the zipper area which makes sure that light cannot escape from there as well. The frames that support the tent are sturdy and can hold weights upto 110lbs, thanks to this you can hang your carbon filters and grow lights with ease. This grow tent can also retain the heat pretty well.
There’s also an observation window in this grow tent that makes it easier for the growers to look inside without actually having to open the whole thing up and allowing the light to leak out. In addition to all of that, the tent is pretty easy to set up and the tent also comes with a user manual which makes it easy to assemble it. There are two filter straps that come free with the tent which the growers can make use of to hang various things on to the metal frame. The packaging in which this grow tent comes in is pretty discreet as it is just a plain brown box, which won’t really give away what the contents of the parcel are, giving you complete discreetness.
- Sturdy Frame
- Good for small and medium-sized growers
- Discreet packaging
- Highly reflective
- Pinhole light leaks around the observation window and the air vents
At a time when many grow tents have begun to feel pretty similar to each other, TopoGrow’s offering really stands out from the rest in terms of the design and the build style. There are multiple chambers in this grow tent and one of the best things about this is that it can allow you to have plants at various stages of their growth and they can be segregated based on their stage. This grow tent is 4ft x 3ft x 6ft in entirety but when you look at the main chamber for growth and flowering, it measures 3ft x 3ft x 6ft while two chambers for nursery and seedling growth have also been provided that measure 1 ft x 2ft x 3 ft each. This is a good option for growers who are wondering as to ‘where can i buy the best grow tents near me’ for under $150.
The tent is lined with a diamond mylar layer on the inside which ensures that the light that you use inside is reflected on to the plants in a proper manner. The tent also makes use of the Oxford 600D cloth which is quite thick and ensures that no light leaks out of it. There are multiple vents for air to pass through. In fact, this is one of the best ventilated grow tents available in the markets. There are two doors, one for the main chamber and the other for managing the nursery section. The metal bars which form the core skeleton of the grow tent are also quite sturdy and durable and they can hold quite the weight. These metal bars have been painted white to ensure that they do not absorb any light.
The grow tent also comes with a removable mylar tray in the bottom which ensures that any water or soil that spills through from the pots and lands into the floor does not dirty or damage the tent. You can easily remove the tray, wash it and clean it, and place it back! Along with the tray and the tent, the package also includes two nylon belts which can be used as straps for the carbon filter. Setting it up is easy and tool-free.There’s also a YouTube video manual which makes it very easy for the growers to set up this rather uniquely designed grow tent.
- Multiple chambers for different stages of growth
- Easy to set up
- Does a good job of containing the light inside
- Multiple number of vents
- Zipper issues have been reported by some users
Perhaps the best tent on our list for medium-sized growers, this grow tent offers you with a space which is sufficient for the needs of most average growers, as it offers a space of 5ft x 5ft x 6.6ft which is a great size for growing multiple plants to their full size. The grow tent comes from Growtent Garden, and offers a very high growth efficiency. The tent offers the growers with a very durable canvas – the 600D, which is tear-proof as well as double-stitched, and makes sure that all the light remains trapped inside and does not flow out of the tent – giving your plants the best possible growth.
If you are looking for your nearest grow tent supplier, head on to amazon and check out Growtent Garden because their tents feature 99% reflective mylar on the interior that ensure the light keeps bouncing back and focuses on the plants. The metal poles that support this grow tent are able to hold weights upto 110lbs. Moreover, the corner-joints are also 0.5inches thick and made of metal which ensures that the poles stay together. Many grow tents use plastic connectors which are rather flimsy. You need no tools to set it up as you can simply push in the rods and they connect with the connector with ease.
There’s also a waterproof removable floor on the bottom that makes sure that in case of any spillage it is not the tent which is getting dirty.This tray can be removed and washed, cleaned and kept back again. Another interesting part of this otherwise very average grow tent is that it comes with a 2-year warranty and gives growers a peace of mind that they can rely on the company in case something goes wrong.
- Metal poles and connectors ensure that the structure stays sturdy
- Waterproof tray on the bottom makes it easy for growers to clean the tent
- Light doesn’t leak out
- Easy to set up
- Does not have an observation window
- Zipper tends to get stuck
Buyer’s Guide: How to Choose a Grow Tent?
Now that you know which the best grow tents in the markets are and where to purchase them from, let us take a closer look at what are the things that you need to keep in mind before you purchase them:
- Size: The first and the most basic thing that needs to be kept in mind before you purchase a grow tent is the size of the tent compared to the size of your plants. If you have only a few plants, you can grow them in a small-sized grow tent like a 2×2 or a 2×4 tent. However, for those with more plants, you should perhaps look at grow tents which are bigger in size. Tents come in all shapes and sizes. In addition to the length and the width, also keep an eye out for the height of the grow tents because marijuana plants require some space to grow vertically as well and most grow tents which go above 6ft are great for your plants.
- Fabric: The fabric out of which the canvas is made up of is also something that you need to know about. A good quality fabric ensures that all the light that glows inside the grow tent remains trapped in it and does not leak out. Since the whole point of using a grow tent is to ensure that the light remains trapped inside, a good quality fabric is the most important thing that you should look for in a grow tent.
- Reflectiveness: Grow tents maximize the efficiency of the light by ensuring it keeps bouncing on to the plant and for that they need an inner surface which is very reflective and does not absorb that light. Mylar is the most commonly used material for this purpose – and there are different kinds of mylar layers too. Make sure that the inner layer is reflective and non-absorbent so that the light’s efficiency can be improved.
- Openings for Vents: You need a proper opening because it ensures that the inline ducts can be fitted on to it and there are enough spaces from which the air can enter and exit from. Another pro-tip for the buyers is that they need to check that the vents are not letting any light leak out. Once you put the ducts into these vents, make sure that they are closed properly because a lot of light leakage tends to happen from here.
- Sturdiness and Durability: The poles upon which the canvas rests need to be strong and durable because it is on these poles that the grow light, as well as a number of other things, such as the carbon filter will be suspended. Hence the poles and the connectors need to be good enough to ensure that the tent does not collapse under the weight of what you hang on to them. Most small to medium sized grow tents can support weights upto 110lbs.
- Observation Window, Sections/Divisions: These might seem like two very small things but they matter a lot when it comes to buying a grow tent. Having an observation window is a great thing for growers because this ensures that they can take a quick look at the progress of their plants without having to open up the whole zipper and leaking light. Moreover, sections and divisions in a grow tent are also good for growers who have plants of different stages growing at the same time. You can have one section as the nursery where seeds are germinating or seedlings are growing and another section for the marijuana plants in their growth/bloom stage.
- Ease of Assembly: Something that you must know about a good grow tent is that it must be easy to assemble. The grow tent that you are choosing to buy should ideally be able to be assembled without using any tools or screws. Most modern-day tents are tool-free. Getting a complex setup is quite time-consuming, particularly if you are a new grower.
- Zipper Strength: Some might think that this is a rather silly thing to talk about but know that zippers are the most commonly malfunctioning part of the grow tent and once the zipper breaks or goes bad, it is very hard to fix it yourself. Get a good zipper with a thick coating around it that ensures no light is lost through the tiny pinholes in the zipper.
- Price: Last but very important: start off with a budget in mind and make sure that you are following that budget to the T. Buying equipment to grow your marijuana can be quite expensive and there’s no dearth of expensive grow tents in the markets. Hence, choose your grow tent carefully but based on a strict budget.
- Best Grow Tent Ventilation Kits
- Best Vivosun Grow Tents in 2020
- Best Outdoor Grow Tents in 2020
- Best Multi-Chamber Grow Tents
- Best Inline Fan for Grow Tent and Room
- Best Dehumidifier for Grow Tent & Room
- Best Humidifier for Grow Tent & Room
Frequently Asked Questions: FAQs about Grow Tents
#1. Grow Tents vs Grow Rooms: Which is Better?
Based on your growing needs, you need to make a conscious decision here: should you go for a grow tent, or should you go for a grow room. Do you want to dedicate an entire room for growing marijuana or do you want to grow your weed in a smaller space? It also depends on the number of plants you are growing and the amount of space that they occupy. For a larger setup, you would need a grow room and for a smaller setup, you would be ok with a grow tent. Some users also tend to use multiple grow tents for a large setup. It all depends upon your preferences. Also, another factor that some people consider here is that grow tents can be quite discreet when compared to grow rooms which can be hard to hide from people.
#2. How to determine the right size for your grow tent?
There are a number of things you need to consider: what kind of plant will you be growing is the first of the lot. You can’t grow a very tall plant in a very short grow tent, similarly, getting a very tall grow tent for a very short plant also doesn’t make much sense. Hence, you require to know the height your plant will grow up to. Moreover, you also need to know the width of your setup. If you are growing a large number of plants and your setup is spread out, you’ll perhaps need a larger grow tent in terms of width.
#3. What all do you need inside a grow tent?
Inside a grow tent, you need at least one grow light, and an inline fan is connected to the tent via the ducts/vents on the tent. Carbon filters can then be hung on to the metal poles of the tent so that they absorb all the odour as well as ensure that the plants are getting good quality air. Grow light is essential for the plants as it basically replaces what the sun would do to the plants if they are growing outdoors and they are the most important part of the grow tent. You can even say that the very idea of using a grow tent is to maximize the efficiency of the grow light.
- Best 5×5 Grow Tents
- Best 4×4 Grow Tent
- Best 8×8 Grow Tents
- Best Light for Vegetative Growth
- Best Stealth Marijuana Grow Boxes
To conclude, we hope that this article helps you in understanding grow tents in a much better manner – and gives you an insight into things that you need to consider before you buy a grow tent. The article also aims at familiarizing you with some of the best grow tents in the markets along with all their pros and cons, which should help you in making a better buying decision. We have also tried to address some other common questions that growers might have about grow tents in this article!
Happy Growing 🙂