The basic idea that most growers have about growing weed is that they can simply set up their pots, put up some grow lights inside a grow tent and start growing their weed! However, it is not as simple as it seems to be at first. While it is not a very complex task, there’s more to growing marijuana than just grow lights because plants have different sorts of requirements and one of the most important things that is needed for growth is the right humidity level! Here, we will take a look at some of the best dehumidifiers for grow tents and grow rooms which help the growers grow their weed in a better manner.
When you are growing your weed outdoors, there are seasonal factors which do not require you to use any additional equipment. However, when you grow your weed indoors you are basically simulating those external factors in an artificially created environment which allow you to exercise better control over the growth cycle of your plant. Humidity is critical for the growth of the marijuana plant and you would need to ensure you set it up in the right manner using dehumidifiers.
What is a Dehumidifier and Why Do You Need It?
In the most basic sense of the word, a dehumidifier is an equipment which might be electric or non-electric in terms of its operation, which performs the task of taking the moisture off the humid air. A dehumidifier is a device which works best in closed areas such as grow rooms and grow tents for those who want to grow plants. However, people living in places where humidity levels are naturally too high also tend to use dehumidifiers in other places such as their living rooms, bedrooms or even bathrooms to reduce the humidity levels as that might make some people uncomfortable.
While high humidity levels make people uncomfortable at almost all the times, the marijuana plant has a different sort of a response to humidity depending on when it is present in the air. In order to understand why dehumidifiers are important for the grow room setup, here’s a closer look at how marijuana and humidity levels are associated.
- Marijuana and Humidity
The marijuana plant is one which requires a high level of humidity in the phase of early growth. The most basic thing that all growers need to understand is that marijuana plants need humidity so that they can absorb the moisture from the air directly via their leaves. When the levels of humidity are high, the plant will absorb less water from the roots and more water from the leaves. This is something which is needed till the flowering phase. Once you enter the flowering phase, humidity levels need to be lowered and this is where dehumidifiers for grow tents are needed.
Using a dehumidifier for grow rooms ensures that humidity levels are lowered in the air, which means that roots will then become the primary source of acquiring water for the plants. This is important because growers tend to mix nutrients in the water and mix it with the soil which can then directly be absorbed by the roots. These nutrients are good for the plants during the flowering stage. Moreover, if plants get excess moisture via the leaves, there’s a chance that the cells of the leaf become oversaturated and begin to burst! This can endanger the plant’s growth and hence dehumidifiers are very important for those looking forward to grow marijuana indoors.
Top 10+ Best Dehumidifiers for Grow Tents and Grow Rooms for Growing Marijuana
1. hOmeLabs 1,500 Sq. Ft Energy Star Dehumidifier
- 1,500 SQ FT DEHUMIDIFIER - Our dehumidifier removes up to 22 pints (30 pint 2012 DOE standard) of moisture from the air per day. This moisture-removing, Energy Star certified beast is fit for medium to large rooms, to quickly and effectively absorb moisture without racking up your energy bill.
- DESIGNED FOR THE MODERN HOME - That most dehumidifiers are clunky eyesores is news to nobody. We designed with the modern consumer in mind: a sleek clean look, convenient built-in wheels and handles, and a quiet fan that won’t drown out your current binge-watching obsession. Durability is key, too, which is why we offer a 2-year warranty, plus an extra 6 months if you register on our website.
One of the best rated and best reviewed dehumidifiers that you can find on Amazon, we can say with a good degree of confidence that this is indeed one of the best dehumidifiers for grow tents and grow rooms, particularly for those growing marijuana. This comes from hOmelabs and covers a decent area of 1,500 sq. ft. There are two other variants too, which come in 3,000 sq.ft. and 4,500 sq.ft. ideal for growers who want to grow their weed in larger grow rooms. However, the smaller one is a cost-effective solution for any grower who is looking for a dehumidifier within budget constraints.
This dehumidifier from hOmelabs can remove upto 22 pints of water from the air and is great to use in medium sized rooms. One thing that really stands out about this dehumidifier is that it is a very good-looking device. Unlike other dehumidifiers which are rather bulky and clunky, this one is a device which would fit in any modern home rather well! It is designed with portability in mind and comes with handles as well as wheels making it easy to move around. Not only can you use this dehumidifier for grow rooms, but you can also use it for your living room or your bed room and it will fit right in! This dehumidifier comes with touch-panel controls.
This is also very easy to use and it runs on a 24-hour cycle where it automatically shuts off when the capacity is full. For those growers who might not have time to empty out the water every 24 hours, there’s also an option to automate this process using a drain hose. There’s another benefit of getting this dehumidifier as it can also purify the air! The dehumidifier can also remove allergens, odor and pollen from the air and keep it clean. This hOmelabs dehumidifier has a ‘turbo mode’ where the fan speed can be increased if the grower wishes to do so. It comes with a warranty of 2-years (and an additional 6 months for users who register on the company’s website which is an added bonus).
- Large tank – can take up to 22 pints of water
- Portability is good thanks to handles and wheels
- Good warranty period
- Dehumidifies the air pretty well
- Hose is not included
2. Frigidaire FAD301NWD Energy Star 30-Pint Dehumidifier
- SpaceWise PORTABLE DEHUMIDIFIER FOR DAMP ROOMS: Ideal for rooms up to 1500 sq. ft that are classified as damp. When moisture is excessive, this dehumidifier removes up to 30 pints of water per day, drying the air quickly and efficiently. Included rolling casters and integrated top and side handles make it easy and convenient to set up and put away, depending on the weather.
- EFFECTIVE HUMIDITY CONTROL: This dehumidifier quietly removes excess moisture from the air, preventing mold and mildew, keeping your family safe and healthy. Fit for use in any damp spaces of the home, including attics, basements, bathrooms, and garages.
This dehumidifier from Frigidaire comes in two variants – a 30-pint and a 50-pint variant. For small-sized grow rooms or for large-sized grow tents, the 30 pint variant should be more than enough but the 50 pint variant would be the best dehumidifier for grow rooms which are slightly large in size. The first and the most striking feature about this device is how easy it is to operate it. This dehumidifier can be used by practically anyone with ease. It comes with one knob and two lights – the knob allows you to adjust the intensity of the dehumidification process while the lights indicate that the device is on and the other light tells you if the tank is full!
Sometimes, when the air is too humid, bacteria and mold tend to breed in it especially along surfaces that tend to get damp and soak water. This dehumidifier ensures that such a thing does not happen. This dehumidifier also allows the users to set up a continuous operation if it is set up along a drain where excess water can be let off. There’s also an auto shut-off feature which fires into action when the dehumidifier’s tank is full.
It is a good looking, although a little bulky device which weighs about 34lbs. This dehumidifier from Frigidaire is among the best dehumidifiers for a medium sized grow room or for a large sized grow tent. It is a durable product which has wheels on the bottom that allow it to move around with ease – portability is good. It comes with a long power cord that is 6ft in length, ensuring you do not even need extension cables to plug it in. Finally, there’s a one-year full-warranty on the device and a five-year warranty on the sealed system. This is a good choice for those looking forward to grow marijuana indoors, as well as for those looking for a dehumidifier for their home.
- Large capacity
- Good for a large tent or a medium sized room
- Auto shut-off, easy to operate
- Portable and durable
- Some users have reported overheating related issues.
3. TOSOT 4,500 Sq. Ft. 70 Pint Dehumidifier
- 4,500 SQ FT DEHUMIDIFIER: Our dehumidifier can remove up to 70 pints (2012 DOE Standard) from your home. This is our largest model which is perfect for large rooms up to 4,500 square feet or spaces that are extremely wet/moist. With the continuous gravity drain you can bypass the bucket and remove water into your sump pump or floor drain.
- ENERGY STAR RATED: We may not all agree on climate change, but one thing we can all agree on is the relief of saving a few bucks on your monthly energy bills. Energy Star-rated appliances are not just better for the environment, but also for your wallet.
A great choice for those looking forward to buy the best dehumidifiers for grow rooms, the TOSOT dehumidifier comes in three variants – 1500 sq.ft., 3000 sq.ft. and 4500 sq.ft. The one that we are talking a look at is the largest of the three and is a great choice for growers who are planning on growing large volumes of weed in grow rooms. This dehumidifier can remove up to 70 pints of water from the air which is a huge number and works really well for large-scale growers. Also worth noting is the fact that this is an energy-star rated appliance, which means it saves you a lot of electricity! The device comes with a removable drain bucket on the bottom which you can empty manually or use a hose to empty out.
This dehumidifier is not only the best choice for those looking forward to use it in a grow room, but also in places which tend to get very moist and very humid such as a basement, or a situation after flood or water-related damage because it is very efficient and rather heavy duty. For its size, many would wonder if this dehumidifier is a noisy one! Turns out, the maximum amount of noise it can produce is 48 dB which isn’t much compared to most other dehumidifiers this size. Moreover, another good thing about this TOSOT dehumidifier is that this is a smart device and in case of a power outage, when the power comes back – it will automatically go back to the last setting that you had set up and you won’t need to program it again.
The device comes with a control panel on top that allows you to set up the system in the way you need to us it. The dehumidifier allows you to set the timer and adjust the fan speed based on your needs and using it is pretty easy too! It also comes with a washable air filter which will ensure that all the unwanted particles in the air are trapped in it – and when the filter gets too dirty, the dehumidifier will also alert you on when you should be cleaning it! It weighs 51 pounds but has wheels below it for easy movement. The dehumidifier comes with a 1-year warranty period from TOSOT along with a 30-day return period from Amazon.
- Really good for large rooms
- Easy operation and multiple settings
- Restores last setting after power outage
- Can be moved around with ease
- Energy efficient
- Does not come with a hose
4. Vremi 1,500 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier Energy Star Rated
- 1,500 SQ FT MEDIUM ROOM DEHUMIDIFIER - Our dehumidifier removes up to 22 pints (30 Pint 2012 DOE Standard) from the air per day. This Energy Star certified dehumidifier is fit to quickly and effectively absorb moisture with minimal energy consumption in medium to large rooms
- DESIGNED WITH YOU IN MIND - We designed the Moisture Maniac with convenience and style in mind. This dehumidifier sports a sleek, clean look with convenient built-in wheels and handles as well as a quiet fan that will do its job without you hearing it
One of the best dehumidifiers for growing weed indoors, this model from Vremi covers about 1500 sq.ft. which is the size of a medium room and can also provide sufficient dehumidification for a large grow tent. The first thing that will attract you about this dehumidifier is the thought that the company has put behind it when it comes to the design and aesthetics It has a very sleek, unique and modern look to it – in fact, we can go out on a limb and say that if design is your thing, this is the best dehumidifier for grow rooms that you can buy!
This dehumidifier comes out into the markets with a removable water tank and is not too bulky or too heavy of a device. It also comes with wheels on the bottom for easy portability and is indeed a very good product. This dehumidifier can support up to 22pints of water removal before the bucket gets full and for those who might have more needs, there’s also a 50-pint variant which can work in a room as big as 4,500 sq.ft. On the back of the device there’s a knob which you can open to attach a hose to drain out the water.
The Vremi dehumidifier can also purify the air by removing bacteria and other allergens along with the moistness. In addition to that, the dehumidifier also comes with a turbo mode which increases the fan speed that allows it to absorb air faster and to dehumidify it faster! The filter which helps in purifying the air is washable and needs to be washed about once every month. It also comes with a continuous operation mode which can also be turned off and you can even adjust the humidity levels manually! The warranty period for this dehumidifier is that of 1-year but some users have also purchased an extended warranty from the company. All in all, this is one of the best dehumidifiers for grow rooms of a medium size.
- Extremely well-thought design
- Covers a decent 1500 sqft area
- Purifies the air
- Easy to operate and easy to move around
- Some users have found it a little noisy – but not too loud
5. Eva-dry E-500 Renewable Mini Dehumidifier
No products found.
Up until now we had been looking at some dehumidifiers for a large sized area or grow rooms. This one, however, is one of the best dehumidifiers for a grow tent and for smaller sized marijuana growing setups. The Eva-dry E-500 is a mini dehumidifier which is of the non-electric type. This dehumidifier does not work on electricity but instead functions on silica gels. The operational area of this dehumidifier is about 500 cubic feet which is rather small and hence this is a good choice for grow boxes and small grow tents.
Being a non-electric dehumidifier, there are multiple benefits of using this one – first off, you do not have to worry about any electric consumption. Secondly, this air purifier does not create any sound whatsoever! It has a capacity of about 6 to 8oz and it takes about 3 to 8 weeks to reach full capacity. Another great advantage of using this dehumidifier is that once it reaches full capacity, it will still not leak or drain out any water that is contained inside it and you do not have to worry about washing up or cleaning up.
There are no indicator lights on the device but there are orange crystals which will turn green once the full capacity has been obtained. Post that you need to keep it in a well ventilated area for about 12 to 14 hours plugged in so that it can let out the water and then it is ready to use again! The company claims that the lifespan of this mini dehumidifier is up to 10 years. Thanks to its small size and non-toxic nature you can actually use it in places such as under the kitchen sink or the bathroom etc. where it can absorb all the unwanted moisture. This dehumidifier comes with a warranty period of five years!
- Small in size
- Easy to use
- No electricity consumption
- No noise
- Users have reported it takes too long to dry out
- Some users have reported fire-related incidents
6. Pro Breeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier, 2200 Cubic Feet (250 sq ft)
- SMALL & COMPACT - Lightweight, Compact and Portable Ð Capable of removing up to 18 ounces of water per day with a 52-ounce water tank capacity. Ideal for rooms up to 2200 cubic feet (220 sq ft)
- AUTO SHUT OFF: When full the dehumidifier will automatically shut off and the LED light will turn-on indicating the water tank needs draining. Simply empty the water tank and place it back into the dehumidifier
This is another mini dehumidifier, but unlike the one above this – this one is actually an electric dehumidifier which covers a larger area comparatively. This is one of the best dehumidifiers for grow tents which are medium or large in size or for very small grow rooms as it can cover about 250 sq ft with ease. This dehumidifier can remove up to 18oz of moisture every day and it comes with a built-in tank that can store about 52oz of water. When this water tank is full, the dehumidifier will automatically shut off and a light will begin to glow, indicating that you need to empty the tank now.
Another good thing about this dehumidifier from Pro Breeze is the fact that it operates without a compressor meaning that there is little to no noise coming out of it! Noise is one problem that many people constantly have with dehumidifiers – but this one is quite quiet, making it a good choice not only for your grow tents or grow rooms, but also for your living rooms and bedrooms. This is a lightweight and portable device which can be easily moved around when needed with handles. One more thing that many growers would notice about this dehumidifier is that it is a really good-looking device as well!
This is an energy efficient and easy to use dehumidifier which can be used not only in places such as grow rooms and grow tents but in other use-cases such as small rooms or boats or bathrooms as well! This is a lightweight product, weighing in at about 5 pounds, and comes with a 12-month manufacturer warranty!
- Small, can be kept anywhere with ease
- One of the best dehumidifiers for grow tents
- Large capacity of water tank
- Good looking design
- Some users have complained about high energy consumption
7. Inofia 30 Pints Dehumidifiers
- 30 PINT DEHUMIDIFIER: Removing up to 4 Gallons water from the air in a 24 hour period (under 90% RH @ 95°F condition), this is an ideal dehumidifier for basement.
- EASY OPERATION: Simply set your desired humidity, this dehumidifier will level out the humidity intelligently. The switchable fan speed & programmable timer add convenience and flexibility.
Another of the most well-designed dehumidifiers in this list, this one from Inofia is an electric dehumidifier which can remove up to 4 gallons of water from the air over a 24-hour period. One of the best air purifiers for grow tents, particularly the medium-sized grow tents. It comes with all its buttons on top, and it is very easy to use. Users can adjust the fan speed, the humidity levels and the 24 hour timer all with the buttons that are provided on the top of the dehumidifier.
This dehumidifier comes with a 1.8 Liter bucket which can store the water that the device traps from the air. There’s also a way in which you don’t have to manually empty the bucket every time it gets full as you can simply use a hose from which the water would go out into the drain. This humidifier comes with a 1.1m drain hose and you can choose to either use that or get a longer one separately. Also, what truly stands out about this dehumidifier is the sleek and modern look that it comes with. It is really at par with some of the best looking devices for the modern home and while it is a great fir for your grow room or your grow tent, it will also make a great addition to your living room!
There’s an auto-defrost function on this dehumidifier which allows the growers to ensure that this air purifier can work even when the temperature surrounding it are quite low. Furthermore, in case of a power outage, when the power returns this air purifier will automatically reset itself to the last used settings combination! In terms of operation, this is a very quiet dehumidifier about which you do not need to worry at all! The Inofia GA2 is indeed a good dehumidifier for most of the growers’ needs.
- Easy to use
- Does not make too much noise
- Works in even low temperatures
- Comes with a hose
- Bucket size could be improved
8. Ivation GDM30 Powerful Mid-Size Thermo-Electric Dehumidifier
- Thermo-electric Peltier module Technology: Medium in Size, Big on Power with No Moving Parts. Reduces humidity in Closet, Basement, Crawl Space, RV, Boat, Car, Home, Bathroom, Bedroom , Small Areas and Tiny Spaces
- Collection capacity: approximately 16 fl. oz. per day at 86°F (30°C) 80%RH. Water reservoir capacity: approximately 50 fl. oz. (1.5L)
In terms of design style, this dehumidifier from Ivation is exactly the same as the one we saw above by Pro Breeze. However, this is a powerful thermo-electric dehumidifier from Ivation which offers the users with dehumidification capacity of 16 fl.oz. per day. There’s also a tank in the dehumidifier which has a capacity of 50oz (1.5 liters). On the back side, there’s a handle using which you can easily lift and move the dehumidifier around.
Another interesting claim that the manufacturers make is that this air purifier does not have any moving parts and is hence very quiet when it comes to its functioning. The manufacturer also claims that this Ivation GDM30 air purifier comes with the Thermo-electric Peltier module Technology which allows it to save energy and reduce humidity to great levels. It also makes it an ideal candidate to be kept in closets, kitchens, boats, RVs, small rooms. This is particularly one of the best dehumidifiers for grow tents where it can assist in growing marijuana indoors!
It weighs only about 2kg and is very portable and lightweight making it easy to lift it and place it wherever you want it to be. This is a very good dehumidifier not just for providing the right kind of air for your marijuana plants but also for general home use. Another good thing about this dehumidifier from Ivation is the fact that it operates in a very quiet manner and does not create any disturbing noise at all.
- Easy to set up and easy to use
- Light in weight and portable
- Among the best dehumidifiers for grow tents
- Water tank is small in size
9. hOmeLabs Small Space Dehumidifier with Auto Shut-Off
- PERFECT MINI DEHUMIDIFIER - Small and compact dehumidifier with 16 ounce / 500 ml capacity tank extracts up to 9 ounces / 250 ml of moisture daily to purify air in enclosed and small rooms and spaces
- QUIET SAFE and ENERGY EFFICIENT - Features low noise thermoelectric peltier module and energy efficient 25W ETL certified adapter to prevent overheating for safer use. Ideal for use at night with low energy consumption
This is the second time that hOmelabs is making an appearance on this list and for all the right reasons too! One of the best brands when you are looking forward to buying a dehumidifier – be it for growing marijuana or for using it for general purposes at your home. This dehumidifier, unlike the one that we see on top of the list, is small in size and is best suited for grow tents. It comes with a tank capacity of 60 ounces/500ml and can remove water up to 9 ounces from the air per day.
It is safe to use and energy efficient as well. The adapter that it comes with is developed in just the perfect manner so that it can avoid overheating related fires. Another great thing about this hOmelabs dehumidifier is that it is very silent in its operations and the decibel levels are very low. It is a very simple-to-use device. There are two lights on the top, one which indicates that the device is on and the other which indicates that the dehumidifier’s tank is full and water needs to be removed from it.
There’s also an auto-shut off function which switches the device off once the tank is full. This dehumidifier can work the best in very small rooms up to 150sqft or for closets, bathrooms and sinks. It is also very easy to move around due to its light weight and is indeed one of the best dehumidifiers for grow tents, particularly for small sized grow tents such as 2×2. Cleaning the device is also quiet easy. Priced in at under $30, this is the best cheap dehumidifier that you can get your hands on! There’s also a 2-year warranty on the device.
- Removes mold and dust as well
- Small in size and portable
- Cost effective
- Easy to move around
- Not suitable for rooms larger than 150 sqft
10. Eva-dry Edv-1100 Electric Petite Dehumidifier, White
- LESS NOISE OUTPUT - The average noise output for all of the thermo-electric dehumidifiers we tested was 53.2 dB. On the other hand, the EDV-1100 was measured at 50.9 dB, 2.3 dB below average. Making it generate less noise to provide you a good night sleep at night.
- MAXIMUM PORTABILITY - The EDV-1100 couldn’t be any more portable. For one, it can easily be transported. Secondly, it is also one of the smallest, lightest thermo-electric dehumidifiers on the market.
A somewhat dated product, this one has been around since 2014 – but continues to be a top choice for those who are looking forward to buying a lightweight dehumidifier for growing marijuana. This is among the best dehumidifiers for grow tents, especially for those growing their weed in 4×4 grow tents. This weighs just 1 pound and is the perfect choice for many growers. One of the key highlights of this dehumidifier is that it is an electric dehumidifier but has very little noise output.
It is very simple to operate this dehumidifier because it comes with just one switch to turn it on or off. There are two lights on the device (similar to the hOmelabs dehumidifier) one of which shows that the device is on and the other one tells you that the tank is full. Talking of the tank, it is an 8oz tank. It removes moisture, along with mold and mildew and dust. It comes with an auto shut-off feature which turns the device off when the tank is full.
- Very silent operation
- Easy to move around
- Removes dust and mold
- Very small tank
Now that you know which are some of the best dehumidifiers in the markets which you can buy off the internet right now, let us take a closer look at some of the features and aspects that you need to look for before you purchase the dehumidifier of your choice. Here’s a buyer’s guide for buying the best dehumidifiers for grow rooms and grow tents.
Buyer’s Guide: What To Look For Before You Buy a Dehumidifier for Grow Rooms or Grow Tents?
Here are the factors that you need to consider before you buy a dehumidifier:
- Coverage of the Area: One of the most basic things that you need to take a look at is the coverage of your dehumidifier. If you are a grower who tends to grow in large volumes, you might be using big grow tents or a grow room. Hence, getting a mini-dehumidifier might not really be something that you should do. However, if you are growing small quantities of weed in a 4×4 grow tent, you probably do not require a dehumidifier which covers a large area! Always look how much area the dehumidifier covers before you buy it. Even after you’ve bought it, you will still need to figure out where exactly do you plan to keep it in the grow room so that it delivers the maximum possible benefit for your plants.
- Understanding Your Plant’s Needs: You need to know what kind of plant you are growing. For marijuana growers, it is clear that humidity levels need to be high during the early phase of growth but they need to be low during the flowering phase. You need to know when you need to switch on your dehumidifier as using it at the wrong time in your plant’s growth cycle might turn out to be counterproductive! Make sure you know what you are growing and understand the needs of your plant before you buy a dehumidifier for a grow room.
- Ease of Portability: Portability is another important factor which many growers tend to overlook while buying the best dehumidifiers for grow tents and grow rooms. Growers forget that while buying a dehumidifier is easy, they will also need to move it around from time to time. Check if your dehumidifier has enough handles and castors or maybe even wheels so that you can move it around with ease when need comes.
- Rate of Dehumidifying: A very important thing that you must consider while you purchase your dehumidifier is the rate of dehumidifying – you need to know how much moisture the device can remove from the air on a regular basis. Some larger dehumidifiers tend to absorb as many as 18 to 20oz of water per day. Most smaller sized units can take about 8 to 12oz of water per day. Know your requirements and get a dehumidifier accordingly. Also keep in mind that the bigger the air purifier’s capacity the higher the power consumption will also be!
- Air Purification: While this is not a ‘core’ function of a dehumidifier, this is an added benefit. Most dehumidifiers these days are actually coming out with air purification features too! Having a dehumidifier which can also purify the air is always something that you might want to look forward to because this will allow you to keep the air clean and free from pollen, allergens, dust etc. as well as keep the smell of the marijuana contained.
- Durability: Durability, i.e. the build of the device is something that you must also consider. Go for a sturdy and well built dehumidifier which can last you for years instead of going for one which has a flimsy body. This is a factor that many growers overlook and end up being sorry about a few months down the line. Make sure the device is durable and strong.
- Price: Last but certainly not the least, price of the dehumidifier is also important. Most growers who are looking forward to buying the best dehumidifiers for grow rooms and grow tents start off with a budget in mind and then stick to that budget while buying it!
Frequently Asked Questions: FAQs
With the knowledge of what the best dehumidifiers in the markets are and how to buy one, let us now take one last look at some of the most commonly asked questions about dehumidifiers which growers tend to have. Here’s a closer look:
What are the different types of dehumidifiers?
Broadly speaking, there are two different types of humidifiers – electric and non-electric. However, that is a classification based on how they function. There’s also a classification based on where they function – best dehumidifiers for grow rooms, dehumidifiers for grow tents and dehumidifiers for grow boxes! Here’s a detailed look at all of them:
- Electric Dehumidifiers: As simple as it gets. These are dehumidifiers which function on electric current and use an electric formula to extract water content from the air.
- Non Electric Dehumidifiers: These are the second type of dehumidifiers. These ones do not require electricity to function and actually separate water from the air with the help of silica gel layers.
Electric dehumidifiers are the best dehumidifiers for grow tents and grow rooms because these are slightly larger areas. However, for those using grow boxes or small grow rooms, the best dehumidifiers for them would be the non electric types as the area that they need to cover is very small.
Which is the best dehumidifier for you?
Now there is no certain answer to this question because this depends on your need. If you are a grower who is growing a plant which has a constant need for a dehumid condition, you would perhaps require a stronger high-power dehumidifier. Moreover, it also depends upon where you are growing your plant. The best dehumidifiers for grow rooms are different from the best dehumidifiers for grow tents! The answer to this question can only be gauged based on the plant that you are growing and the kind of growth cycle it goes through as well as based on the place where you are planning to grow your plants. Put these two factors together and go through our list of the top dehumidifiers in the markets and you’ll get the answer to this question with ease!
When do you need to increase the humidity and when do you need to decrease it?
Now this is something that differs from plant to plant but as a general rule of thumb, you need to know that when you increase the humidity levels in the air, you are basically telling your plant to absorb more water from the air than from the soil. Leaves have small openings called stomata and they open up and water is absorbed from there when the humidity levels are high. This also means that less water is going through the roots at this point in time. This is generally good for marijuana plants during the growth or the vegetative phase of their grow cycle.
However, when your marijuana plant begins to enter the flowering stage, you as a grower need to know that this is the time that you will be providing the plant with nutrients which are required for flowering to take place in a better manner. These nutrients need to be provided by mixing them in water and the water being mixed into the soil which is where the roots will absorb it from. Hence, when you decrease the humidity levels using a dehumidifier during the flowering phase, the plant can actually pick up more water from the roots allowing all the nutrients to show their effect properly and for the flowers to bloom in the right manner! However, this is true for marijuana plants but different plants might have different needs.
We hope that this article helped you in understanding which is the best dehumidifier for grow tents and grow rooms that you might be looking for. Humidity, that is water content present in the air, is very important for the growth of your plants. However, too high or too low levels of humidity can be counterproductive and you need to ensure that there is a balance that is maintained! Over the course of this article, we have helped you understand what a dehumidifier is, which are the best dehumidifiers that you can buy off the market – as well as the things that you need to know before you buy one! Do drop us a comment in case we have missed anything out. Hope this helps!
Happy Growing! 🙂
Coco Coir vs Soil: Which is Better for Growing Cannabis?
We are supported by readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. When...
What is Marijuana? Everything You Want to Know About Weed!
We are supported by readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Marijuana,...
Best Grow Tents Near Me 2020 (Guide & FAQ’s): Find your nearest grow tent supplier now!
We are supported by readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Best...
Best Carbon Filter for Grow Room 2020 (Reviews, Buyer’s Guide & FAQ’s)
We are supported by readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Best...
What you need to know about JBC seed bank (James Bean Company) – Reviews
We are supported by readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. James...
Viparspectra LED Grow Light Reviews (2020): Are These LED Grow Lights Worth It?
We are supported by readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Viparspectra...
Is Weed Legal in California: Know More About the Marijuana Laws in the Golden State
We are supported by readers. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. For...